MAPE is joining together with other local unions in a solidarity action to show that unions are important, necessary and a good deal for members, state government and the Minnesotans we serve.
The unions are asking members to hold a sign with “#UNION,” as actress Sally Field did in the labor movie “Norma Rae,” and share them on your social media accounts. We also ask that you tag @MAPEmn in your posts and include #UNION in the captions. There are also suggested social media posts below for your use.
See sample photo below.
Sample social media messages include:
- Twitter: “Show your union pride! Tweet your UNION photo with #UNION!”
- Twitter: “Stand with working people with a picture of your #UNION sign!”
- Twitter: “We won’t let a court case stop us from standing up for what’s right for working people. Show your solidarity with a #UNION selfie!”
- Facebook: “Today, the Supreme Court ruled on Janus v. AFSCME, a blatant attack on unions, working people, and the causes we fight for. We won’t let any court case stop us from organizing. Share your #UNION photo to show that we’re sticking together!”
- Facebook: “United we bargain, divided we beg! Working folks sticking together have the power to unrig our democracy and move more people into middle class – especially women and people of color. Show your solidarity by posting a #UNION photo!”