Join us March 14 for Team MAPE Day on the Hill!
Submitted by kkillian on January 7, 2013 - 12:24pm
This is Minnesota's moment. This is our chance to build a better Minnesota by making the investments that grow the economy and the middle class. Now is the time to stabilize state agency budgets.
Minnesotans finally have a governor who is willing to take the bold steps needed to invest in education, strengthen the middle class and achieve tax fairness. But he can't do it by himself.
Please join us at MAPE Day on the Hill as we tell legislators to support Governor Dayton's pragmatic plan to strengthen our long-term budget outlook. Go to action.teammape.org/DOTH to sign up for MAPE's March 14th Day on the Hill.
More information about Day on the Hill:
- The day will start in the Great Hall with speeches and an issue overview. Then attendees will split up and meet with their legislators.
- Senate Majority Leader Tom Bakk and House Majority Leader Erin Murphy have been confirmed as speakers.
- Arrangements will be made for attendees who do not want to meet with legislators on their own. Nearly all members will be paired up with other members for legislator meetings.
- Legislator appointments are now being set. Please register by March 1st.
- Most MAPE members will be done with their appointments and back to work after lunch.
- Lost time is not available for this event unless your MAPE Local has made its own arrangements.
- Talking points will be distributed to registered attendees in advance of Day on the Hill.
- What is my legislator asks me questions I don’t know the answer to? There is no harm in saying you don’t know. The purpose of Team MAPE Day on the Hill is for members to tell their personal story. Please hand legislators the “Issue Summary for Legislator” sheet, which also includes contact information for MAPE’s legislative staff.
- When will I be able to leave? Members are free to leave once your final legislative meeting of the day is over.
- How do I report back what happens in my meetings? Please use the legislator feedback form to report back pertinent information about our meetings.