April MAPE Meeting Minutes - 4/18/13
No Secretary’s report. Jill was absent
* Dan Holub, the new Executive Director will be at our next meeting on May 16th. Carrie B will meet with Kathy & Dan to give him a tour of MSA.
* Negotiations are ongoing now for the new contract.
* There are 2 Grievances – 1 is being settled with a written reprimand being removed from the staff’s file at DOC. Steward Tonjum helped out and Kathy said it went well.
* Advanced Stewart Training will be held next week.
* Steward’s Bullying seminar will be held May 19th.
* Kathy encouraged members not to ignore other members that are having problems in the work place. We need to help everyone out.
* Kathy also pointed out that our full membership dropped from 81.06 to 78.79. We need to keep an eye on this and possibly work on a membership drive if it keeps dropping.
* Elections Committee volunteers, if needed – Jay Welborn and Janine Brady.
* Negotiations Committee volunteers – Kathy D, Patty R & Carrie B. An email was sent to Ray Knutson & Kris Henry to let them know.
* Officer Nominations - Emails have been sent to Mark & Jill to see if they accept.
* President - Mark Amman
* Vice P - Patty Rux
* Secretary - Jill Hahn
* Treasurer - Carrie Budahl
* Regional Director - Katherine Driskell
* Meet & Confer - Katherine is interested in setting up a Meet & Confer meeting with DOC management. The committee member volunteers for this are: Crystal, Jay, Michelle, Kathy & Mark, Aleida Z. One of the topics will be problems with the Tornado/Inclement weather trainings. Kathy D will make arrangements for a meeting.
* Delegate Assembly will be Sept 20th & 21st. Each local is allowed one Delegate and an Alternate. Let us know if you’re interested in going.
* The balance is $ 4,560.93 and Carrie will be doing a checkbook reimbursement soon.
* Carrie Budahl reminded the local that Fee payers are now allowed to be included in meetings, drawings, etc…
* Michal Munoz, fee payer, was drawn for the money but was not in attendance.
Next meeting May 16th.